"From Moshe till Moshe, there arose none like Moshe." (famous Jewish folk saying)

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

The democratic process is a beautiful thing

Well it’s great to be back in the Holy Land. This trip took me through 5 states and 7 cities in 7 days. It was wild being in the US during the election. I happened to be in Ohio, which became the center of the world for a few hours on election eve. I voted absentee in my (old) hometown city hall on Monday and avoided all the long lines, highly recommended for future voting. Although I’m not sure if my vote was ever counted, I was happy to be a part of the democratic process. Listening to the radio in the car, I was still uneasy about all the campaign ads. So negative, trying to sway and influence the last undecided voters. Some times it was the same message, time after time, after time, and then the sound bite, “I’m George Bush and I approve of this message.” Or “I’m John Kerry and I approve of this message.” The messages I did like were the ones that encouraged people to vote. I think many people heard that message. The democratic process is a beautiful thing.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

  • Free Counters
    Counter