"From Moshe till Moshe, there arose none like Moshe." (famous Jewish folk saying)

Sunday, January 16, 2005

I used to think….

When I first began working with teens, I thought they came to our programs because they had questions. After some time, I realized they were not coming to programs because they had questions. I determined that they came because they were looking for answers. After many years, and a few great hairs, I came to a new realization. The kids were not coming to programs because they had questions and they were not coming because they were looking for answers. They came to us, because they were looking for someone to listen.
Comments:
Most people come to the emes themselves, by being heard.

I also would like to invite you to take a look at frumnet.blogspot.com. I'm not certain of your yeshiva background, but would like your reaction to the issue on the that blog.
 
Leapa, I've read your call to action & I belive this needs to be addressed. I'll need to think about it. I believe however that my thoughts will be unpopular...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

  • Free Counters
    Counter