"From Moshe till Moshe, there arose none like Moshe." (famous Jewish folk saying)

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Resilience

As I was leaving shul this morning, there were little children standing around an elderly man admiring his right hand. They were playfully asking him questions, touching his fingers, squeezing his hand to their delight. As I passed by, I heard him, say to the children, “if I can serve HaShem with one hand, imagine what you can do with two!

On March 27, 2002 this man and his family were celebrating Passover at the Park Hotel in Netanya. Terrorist came into the dining room during the seder and started shooting and throwing grenades. “I saw the grenade between my legs, I said Shema Yisrael twice and that is all I remember.” I heard him say this some time ago. With one leg and one arm, this man davens with me in shul each day. As we were leaving shul on one morning, I asked him how he was feeling. He said, Toda La’Kel, I thank G-d each day.

To be continued...
Comments:
wow DM, thanks for that.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

  • Free Counters
    Counter